Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Being too close

I'd like everything in my life to go perfectly. Smooth. No bad surprises. It just doesn't happen that way very often. So I had a big training thing I've been working to arrange since March that I thought I had all ironed out until yesterday when one of our finance folks said I have to file something that will take a couple days. It felt like my world was collapsing. All the little things I'd arranged were just undone, and I ended up having to postpone the class at the very last minute. It was hard not being frustrated and embarrassed, but it seemed like the whole thing was no big deal to anyone else. I think most people realize that stuff happens, plans change, and they're pretty forgiving as long as you're not trying to jerk them around. I was just too close to all of this to see it earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment