Monday, November 16, 2009

Speeding

People who don't drive at least the speed limit under normal conditions really bug me. Like it's physically painful for me to drive near them. I'll cut a little old lady some slack if she's doing 60 in the slow lane, but if she's doing 65 in the fast lane it drives me nuts. My blood pressure goes up and I start spinning crazy stories in my head about how she must sleep with goats. I've been using my cruise control a lot lately, and it makes me more sensitive to the speeds other folks drive, since if they're not consistent I have to do more to adjust, rather than just move my foot a little differently. I'm not really a speed demon myself- haven't gotten a speeding ticket since about 1994, and I generally don't go much more than 10MPH over the limit (unless it's a stupidly low limit). But that 10MPH difference means a lot to me. Really, why would you only drive 65? Is there a warrant out for your arrest? Dead hooker in the trunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment